(Please note: you may need to refresh the page to see a change in Availability)
If you are experiencing a long wait time, we encourage you to utilize the drop-in chat feature on NetTutor. This can be accessed through your course shell (D2L), under the Resources tab. Click on "Free Online Tutoring," and use the Tutoring Center menu to select "Writing Help." This chat is free to use as a Nashville State student, and is available for more hours than our in-house chat.
1. Use the chat the same way you would use an in-person tutoring session. Please do not chat while at work, in class, or otherwise engaged. The most productive tutoring sessions are the ones where both parties are fully involved in the conversation.
2. If you need to step away from the chat, please let the tutor know that you will be away for a moment and leave the chat box open. If on Zoom, please mute yourself and turn your video off to minimize interruption (on either side of the conversation).
3. Do not drop off a paper and leave. Please stay on with the tutor to determine next steps (chat, email, Zoom, etc.).
1. To work with a Writing tutor virtually, start a chat above! Don't know how to start? Try "I have a question about ___."
2. Prefer to work over Zoom? Just ask your tutor if you can chat over Zoom instead of through the chat box.
3. Do you need to work with a tutor as part of a course requirement? After the tutor has reviewed your paper (over Zoom or via the chat), you can incorporate their feedback into your form, or have them add a brief summary under "Other Feedback from Tutor." Tutors may not have time to complete the feedback portion, in which case you can copy their feedback onto the form in your own words, or save the transcript from the chat to reference.
4. Stay on the chat page once a tutor responds. If you navigate away from the chat, the conversation may end and the tutor may not be able to respond to you. The chat is not meant to be a "drop-off" for papers, but rather the beginning of a session with a tutor!
5. If chat is "Busy" or "Unavailable" during our scheduled virtual hours, tutors are busy working with other students. Please check again later! (Please note: you may need to refresh the page to see a change in Availability)
|7:00 - 10:00 pm||12:00 - 5:00 pm||
10:00 am - 12:00 pm;
8:00 - 10:00 pm
|12:00 - 5:00 pm||10:00 am - 5:00 pm||1:00 - 5:00 pm||11:00 am - 2:00 pm|
During Spring Break, our hours will be limited. We look forward to seeing you after the break!
NOTE: During periods of inclement weather (high winds, tornado watches, severe thunderstorms, etc.), our tutors may lose internet connection. If you provided the tutor with your email, you may receive a follow-up message once they are back online.